South Africa: Chevron sells assets to Sinopec

Issue 343 - 31 Mar 2017 | 1 minute read

Chevron has signed a $900m agreement with China Petroleum & Chemical Corporation (Sinopec) for the sale of its shares and related interests in Chevron South Africa and Chevron Botswana. Chevron South Africa’s assets include the 100,000 b/d Cape Town oil refinery, a lubricants plant in Durban, 820 petrol stations and oil storage facilities. Under the terms of the transaction, Sinopec will acquire 75% in Chevron South Africa, with the remaining 25% continuing to be held by a group of local shareholders in accordance with South African regulations.

Tagged with:

Pin South Africa

Want to read more?

Subscribe to African Energy

View subscription options

Don't have an account?

Register for access to our free content

An account also allows you to view selected free articles, set up news alerts, search our African Energy Live Data power projects database and view project locations on our interactive map