African Energy Live Data is an innovative and Live-updated online database featuring more than 6,000 power plants and projects across Africa.
- Drill deep into the data and make an instant assessment of a project’s prospects based on independently researched information
- Identify owners, developers, offtakers, financiers and their portfolio of projects and find opportunities for investment and sales
- Efficiently deliver more productive power sector analysis through instant access to the latest aggregated power sector statistics
- Support strategic planning by analysing trends by country from 2010 alongside key economic & demographic statistics
Search our power database – including generation plant locations and transmission lines
Take a closer look at Live Data's key features and benefits, below.
To discuss subscription options please contact:
T: +44 (0)1424 721667. E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Live Data is supported by African energy sector experts who are constantly monitoring the sector for new data. We contact stakeholders to verify project profiles, with information subjected to a rigorous fact checking process.
Please also take a look at our FAQs page
Live Data is an integral part of the foundations for our power sector consultancy work. If you are interested in bespoke information and analysis please contact David Slater in our consultancy team to discuss what we can do to support you.
How Live Data can help
● Drill deep into the data and make an instant assessment of a project’s prospects based on independently researched information
● Identify owners, offtakers, financiers and their portfolio of projects
● See information on grid connection and ownership type
● Find opportunities for investment and sales
● Identify risks and how they are affecting projects in the sector
● Country level project data can be analysed, compared and downloaded
● View five-year fuel and technology pipelines
● Identify gaps in the market and potential oversupply risks by comparing the project pipeline to trends in population and GDP
● Analyse trends from 2010 to five years into the future
● Compare countries to optimise investment strategies
● Live-updated online database featuring more than 6,000 power plants across Africa
● Detailed project data with concise background and project history, installed capacity, project pipeline, ownership, financing, GIS location, fuel, technology, critical milestones, capex and contractual data
● Organisations data, giving profiles of major stakeholders, developers, utilities, ministries, regulators and commissions, funds, banks, DFIs, contractors and service providers
● Data tool – a full suite of tools to analyse electricity sector vital statistics and demographics alongside the project pipeline
● Interactive GIS-based map interface including plant location and existing and planned transmission lines
● Responsive data filter panel
● Country-focused indicators of the IPP and renewable energy investment climate
● Based on over 20 years of data-gathering by African Energy
● Verified to African Energy staff’s high standards of accuracy
● Planned service expansion into transmission and critical infrastructure