African Energy Live Data is an innovative and interactive data platform that is changing the way investors and developers identify power plants and analyse markets across the continent.
The product of more than 20 years of research, knowledge and expertise by our African energy sector experts, Live Data will help keep you up to date with the crucial data you need to consider at every point of the investment and development process and help you efficiently deliver more productive power sector analysis.
Explore the projects map – including generation plant locations and transmission lines
Alongside constantly monitored project level detail on more than 5,500 operating, under-construction and pipeline electricity generation projects you can use Live Data to identify owners, offtakers, financiers and their portfolio of projects.
Live Data subscriptions include access to the Data Tool – a full suite of tools to analyse electricity sector vital statistics and demographics alongside the project pipeline, including past, current and future electricity generating capacity by ownership, connection and fuel type. View five-year fuel and technology pipelines, analyse trends by country from 2010 and compare electricity access stats for 2010-2016. Then create your own tailored data table and download the results.
Statistics in the Data Tool are generated from the ground up, so no figure exists that does not correspond to a power plant on the ground that the Live Data team has investigated. The result is a unique dataset which bypasses the many obstacles facing national and institutional statistics on the continent. Read more about the Data tool
African Energy’s researchers are constantly monitoring the sector for new data. We contact stakeholders to verify project profiles, with information subjected to a rigorous fact checking process. Read more about our methodology
Subscriptions to African Energy Live Data are tailored to your specific needs and can include access to a single country or a specific range that matches your business interests.
Please also take a look at our FAQs page
To discuss subscription options please contact:
Nick Dashwood Brown
T: +44 (0)1424 721667. E: email@example.com
Live Data is an integral part of the foundations for our power sector consultancy work. If you are interested in bespoke information and analysis please contact David Slater in our consultancy team to discuss what we can do to support you.
● Created and maintained by African energy sector experts, Live Data is the product of more than 20 years of research, knowledge and expertise.
● Keep up to date with unrivalled data on over 5,500 power projects at your finger tips: Explore opportunities with our in-depth, up to date market intelligence on power plants and the entities behind them.
● Identify owners, offtakers, financiers and their portfolio of projects.
● See information on grid connection and ownership type.
● Evaluate power sector trends and identify gaps in the market with the Data Tool: Analyse electricity sector vital statistics and demographics alongside the project pipeline to spot trends, risks and opportunities.
● View five-year fuel and technology pipelines.
● Analyse trends by country from 2010.
● A tried and tested methodology: African Energy’s researchers are constantly monitoring the sector for new data. We contact stakeholders to verify project profiles, with information subjected to a rigorous fact checking process.
● Live-updated online database featuring more than 5,500 power plants across Africa.
● Detailed project data with concise background and project history, installed capacity, project pipeline, ownership, financing, GIS location, fuel, technology, critical milestones, capex and contractual data.
● Organisations data, giving profiles of major stakeholders, developers, utilities, ministries, regulators and commissions, funds, banks, DFIs, contractors and service providers.
● Data tool – a full suite of tools to analyse electricity sector vital statistics and demographics alongside the project pipeline.
● Interactive GIS-based map interface including plant location and existing and planned transmission lines.
● Responsive data filter panel.
● Country-focused indicators of the IPP and renewable energy investment climate.
● Based on over 20 years of data-gathering by African Energy.
● Verified to African Energy staff’s high standards of accuracy.
● Planned service expansion into transmission and critical infrastructure.