African Energy Live Data is an innovative and interactive data platform that is changing the way investors and developers identify power plants and analyse markets across the continent.
The product of more than 20 years of research, knowledge and expertise by our African energy sector experts, Live Data will help keep you up to date with the crucial data you need to consider at every point of the investment and development process.
Alongside constantly monitored project level detail on more than 5,000 operating, under-construction and pipeline electricity generation projects, Live Data subscriptions include access to the Data Tool – a full suite of tools to analyse electricity sector vital statistics and demographics alongside the project pipeline, including past, current and future electricity generating capacity by ownership, connection and fuel type. Read more about the Data tool
African Energy’s researchers are constantly monitoring the sector for new data. We contact stakeholders to verify project profiles, with information subjected to a rigorous fact checking process. Read more about our methodology
Subscriptions to African Energy Live Data are tailored to your specific needs and can include access to a single country or a specific range that matches your business interests.
To discuss subscription options please contact:
Nick Dashwood Brown
T: +44 (0)1424 721667
Please also take a look at our FAQs page
● Live-updated online database featuring more than 5,000 power plants across Africa.
● Detailed project data with concise background and project history, installed capacity, project pipeline, ownership, financing, GIS location, fuel, technology, critical milestones, capex and contractual data.
● Organisations data, giving profiles of major stakeholders, developers, utilities, ministries, regulators and commissions, funds, banks, DFIs, contractors and service providers.
● Data tool – a full suite of tools to analyse electricity sector vital statistics and demographics alongside the project pipeline.
● Interactive GIS-based map interface.
● Responsive data filter panel.
● Country-focused indicators of the IPP and renewable energy investment climate.
● Bulletin service for latest news and updates.
● Based on 19 years of data-gathering by African Energy.
● Verified to African Energy staff’s high standards of accuracy.
● Planned service expansion into transmission and critical infrastructure.