Ghana: Parliament ratifies two new exploration deals


Issue 267 - 05 Dec 2013 | 1 minute read
Parliament has ratified petroleum agreements for the South Deepwater Tano and East Cape Three Points blocks. South Deepwater Tano has been awarded to a new Ghana National Petroleum Corporation (GNPC) subsidiary, GNPC Exploration and Production Company (Explorco), which will jointly operate the block with a 79% stake, while AGM Petroleum Ghana will hold the other 21% interest. AGM Ghana is a subsidiary of AGM Gibraltar, owned by Norway’s AGR Energy (49.5%), Minexco (48%) and local player MED Songhai Developers (2.5%).

Tagged with:

Pin Ghana

Want to read more?

Subscribe to African Energy

View subscription options

This article is available to registered users

Login

Don't have an account?

Register for access to our free content

An account also allows you to view selected free articles, set up news alerts, search our African Energy Live Data power projects database and view project locations on our interactive map

Register

Transmission and interconnections – towards a Continental System Master Plan

Africa Investment Exchange (AIX) power transmission event

6 December 2022, online

This online roundtable will evaluate progress towards a Continental System Master Plan for transmission infrastructure and cross-border interconnections and consider the impact which this plan will have on African electricity supply industries.

The roundtable is part of the monthly AIX membership programme and will be chaired by African Energy's John Hamilton with contributions from guests.

Book your ticket here

The meeting is free for all AIX members and African Energy subscribers.