Angola: ExxonMobil signs up Namibe Basin blocks


Issue 425 - 22 Oct 2020 | 1 minute read

ExxonMobil has signed risk service contracts with the National Oil, Gas and Biofuels Agency (ANPG) for three blocks in the unexplored Namibe Basin offshore southern Angola. ExxonMobil will operate blocks 30, 44 and 45 with a 60% stake. Sonangol Pesquisa e Produção will hold the other 40%. The blocks cover an area totalling 17,800km2, located 50km-100km from the Angolan coast, in a water depth of between 1,500 metres and more than 3,000 metres.

Tagged with:

Pin Angola

Want to read more?

Small article

£4

(Access to one African Energy article)

Subscribe to African Energy

View subscription options

Don't have an account?

Register for access to our free content

An account also allows you to view selected free articles, set up news alerts, search our African Energy Live Data power projects database and view project locations on our interactive map

Register

Transmission and interconnections – towards a Continental System Master Plan

Africa Investment Exchange (AIX) power transmission event

6 December 2022, online

This online roundtable will evaluate progress towards a Continental System Master Plan for transmission infrastructure and cross-border interconnections and consider the impact which this plan will have on African electricity supply industries.

The roundtable is part of the monthly AIX membership programme and will be chaired by African Energy's John Hamilton with contributions from guests.

Book your ticket here

The meeting is free for all AIX members and African Energy subscribers.