First published in 2007, the African Energy Atlas is the essential reference book for all energy professionals working in Africa, with maps, graphics and articles covering all aspects of the energy sector. The current Atlas was published in April 2020 as a PDF edition.
- Fully searchable pdf helps readers quickly locate projects on maps.
- Every map has been made using EPS graphics, which don't lose resolution as they are enlarged.
- All power maps based on African Energy's Live Data platform of more than 6,500 generation projects and plants.
- Exclusive power data and analysis from African Energy Live Data.
- Extended coverage of key O&G countries Algeria, Egypt (with detail of Nile Delta, Western Desert and Gulf of Suez regions), Nigeria and Angola.
- Coverage of every country.
- All maps based on African Energy's Live Data platform of more than 6,500 generation projects and plants.
- Maps show power generation sites that are operating, under construction or planned (each scaled to size).
- Electricity T&D infrastructure, showing the current state and planned extension of national grids and regional and cross-border power interconnectors.
Exclusive power analysis from African Energy Live Data
- Scorecard showing the state of African power generation at the start of 2020.
- Energy mix trends by fuel, 2010-2025.
- Energy mix trends for each region, 2010-2025.
- Table showing installed on-grid generation capacity by country and fuel.
- Capacity additions by region and ownership type, 2010-25 .
- Solar and wind trends, 2010-19
- Average solar and wind development timelines by procurement programme.
Oil & Gas
- Overview of oil and gas exploration and production across the continent and the state of associated infrastructure such as pipelines, tanker terminals, LNG and FLNG installations.
- Extended coverage of key countries Algeria, Egypt (with detail of Nile Delta, Western Desert and Gulf of Suez regions), Nigeria and Angola.
- Downstream map covering oil refineries, CTL and GTL plants.