The leading source of insight and analysis on Africa's energy industries
African Energy's editorially independent coverage provides unique angles and insight on project news, policy and regulatory developments, energy market trends, and the political and governance issues that impact on the business environment.
Energy sector intelligence for all your team
- Breaking news and analysis plus 23 new issues a year
- Read on any device
- Never miss a story: Personalise news notifications and control how you receive alerts
- Context and depth: Access to a 20-year plus archive of past issues
- Coverage to support decision-making throughout the project and investment lifecycle:
- Strategy and risk (Politics, security issues, finance, ESG, climate change)
- Power (Policy & regulation, generation, transmission & distribution, C&I, Off-grid)
- Resources (Upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, hydrogen, transition minerals)
Data trends: Analysis of the latest data illustrating Africa's power sector trends – based on African Energy Live Data, the largest and most comprehensive database of power projects and plants across Africa.
Full access to the African Energy map library
Detailed power maps of every Africa country - illustrating generation and T&D infrastructure, with underlying data drawn from African Energy Live Data.
Oil and gas maps showing open and licensed acreage (including O&G fields) with named block operators, as well as associated downstream infrastructure such as oil and gas pipelines, LNG facilities, oil tanker terminals and refineries.
Take a closer look at our maps
AIX Membership included
A year-round forum for trusted debate and insight, curated by African Energy's senior consultants and analysts.
Monthly online meetings under the Chatham House Rule
- Online roundtable meetings, held under the Chatham House Rule to deliver frank discussion and a trusted exchange of insight
- Exclusive online Q&As with African Energy’s analysts.
Exclusive data and insights
Special discounts for in-person AIX meetings
A choice of licence to suit your organisation's needs
Take a look at our licences and configure one to suit your needs.
Not ready to subscribe yet?
Stay informed of by opening a free account to set up and control personalised news alerts.