Search results

Selected filters:

General

Type

Sector

Regions

Sort options

3,200 results found for your search

Subscriber

United States climate envoy John Kerry has held out the prospect of additional help being offered at the United Nations Climate Change Conference (COP27) to counties in Africa and elsewhere that are being badly affected by climate change issues.

Subscriber

Oslo-listed Panoro Energy has acquired a 12% non-operated interest in the Kosmos Energy-operated Block S in offshore Equatorial Guinea.

Equatorial Guinea
Subscriber

London-listed independent Wildcat Petroleum has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Sudan’s Ministry of Oil and Gas to increase output by 100,000 b/d through the development of blocks 1, 3, 4 and 5 near the border with South Sudan.

Sudan
Subscriber

A new IMF programme, six years after the ‘tuna bonds’ scandal erupted, points to Filipe Nyusi’s success at surviving through difficult times but, with just two years left before his second term ends, the president still has to show he has created an environment able to deliver LNG mega-projects, as the insurgent challenge continues and rival factions line up for a succession, writes Tom Bowker.

Mozambique
Subscriber

The Indian government is seeking a long-term crude oil supply deal from Namibia. Comments attributed to a senior government official, and reported in the Indian press, said the world’s third-largest oil importer was looking for a “long-term contract” that would protect it from volatile global energy markets.

Namibia
Subscriber

Having closed its $307m merger with Canada’s TransGlobe Energy, Houston-headquartered Vaalco Energy is looking to exploit potential cost savings of up to $50m, its chief executive George Maxwell told African Energy.

Egypt | Equatorial Guinea | Gabon
Subscriber

Australia’s Woodside Energy has announced the completion of subsea installation work at its 563m bbl Sangomar oil field offshore Senegal. Woodside also confirmed progress with its 23 well development drilling programme and the date first oil is expected.

Senegal
Subscriber
Project bulletin

Nigeria Bulk Electricity Trading has yet to finalise a power purchase agreement for the Okija gas-fired plant being developed by Century Power Generation and its generation licence has now expired.

Nigeria
Subscriber

New York hedge fund Irenic Capital Management, which owns 1.5% of Capricorn Energy, has urged the London-listed indie to abandon its acquisition by Tel Aviv Stock Exchange (Tase)-listed NewMed Energy.

Egypt
Subscriber

President Cyril Ramaphosa made a pitch for South Africa to be included in Saudi Arabia’s green hydrogen (GH2) plans during a recent visit to the Gulf country. The president noted that South Africa is the world’s largest producer of platinum, a key input in hydrogen fuel cell technology, and is developing a ‘hydrogen valley’.

South Africa
Subscriber

Plans for the ambitious Nigeria-Morocco Gas Pipeline (NMGP) were given a boost in mid-October, when Mauritania and Senegal became the first two transit countries to sign memoranda of understanding (MoUs) for the 7,000km-plus project.

Nigeria | Morocco
Subscriber

The first cargo from Eni’s Coral Sul floating liquefied natural gas (FLNG) plant is expected to be shipped in early November and will be sent to European markets.

Mozambique
Subscriber

Construction has begun on Endeavour Mining’s $448m Lafigué gold project in Côte d'Ivoire’s Hambol region. The London-and-Toronto listed miner owns 80% of the project, with the remaining 20% split equally between the state and the parastatal Société pour le Développement Minier de la Côte d'Ivoire (Sodemi).

Côte d'Ivoire
Subscriber

Nigeria’s indigenous gas company has declared force majeure as floods disrupt virtually all of its feedgas supplies in the Niger Delta region. Nigeria Liquefied Natural Gas (NLNG) is currently reviewing the extent of the disruption with its suppliers. At least 30 states have been hit by severe flooding with several communities completely submerged.

Nigeria
Subscriber

Just over a year after Eni announced the major Baleine offshore oil discovery momentum still appears to be strong in Côte d’Ivoire's upstream sector.

Côte d'Ivoire