Find the gaps, monitor the risks
Live Data provides the latest aggregated power sector statistics, which can be analysed, compared and downloaded.
See the energy mix, past present and future, alongside key trends in private and public ownership, grid connection, and technology. Statistics in the Data Tool are generated from the ground up, so all figures correspond to a power plant on the ground that the Live Data team has investigated. The result is a unique dataset which bypasses the many obstacles facing national and institutional statistics on the continent.
Electricity generation data includes total installed capacity, renewable capacity, fuel breakdown, technology breakdown, capacity by connection type, capacity by ownership type, average age of operating plants.
Electricity sector vital statistics
Understand your chosen market with indicators for access to electricity and non-solid cooking fuel. Investors are increasingly cognisant of the importance of considering the whole value chain when doing business on a continent where money does not always flow very effectively from one end to the other. Knowing the stats means knowing the potential for growth, as well as the challenges faced by the utilities and governments seeking to expand access to power in their countries.
Economy and demographics
Identify gaps in the market and potential oversupply risks by comparing the project pipeline to trends in population and GDP. With African populations set to boom, can supply keep up with demand? Or has the commodity downturn left economic growth failing to keep pace with power sector investments, leaving an oversupply? The Data Tool will help you answer these questions.
- All statistics correspond to a power plant on the ground
- Analyse trends from 2010 to five years into the future
- Identify gaps in the market and potential oversupply risks by comparing the project pipeline to trends in population and GDP
- View five-year fuel and technology pipelines
- Track progress towards political and environmental goals
- Compare countries to optimise investment strategies
- Electricity access stats for 2010-2016
- Download data for use in pitches and presentations
The Data Tool is only available to Live Data subscribers.
For more information contact Alex Wark. Tel: +44 (0)1424 721667. Email: email@example.com