Full-time Sales Executive
Cross-border Information (CbI) is seeking applications for the position of sales executive across its entire business which includes both the African Energy brand (newsletter, interactive database, specialist reports, Atlas, consultancy and a conference series), plus its other Africa and Gulf-focused strategic advisory, research and monitoring services.
The successful candidate will have a solid track record selling information database subscriptions, consultancies or other types of analysis and information to a knowledgeable and questioning business audience. He or she will be comfortable prospecting for new leads, dealing with incoming enquiries, delivering demos and presentations to new business targets and working with the existing sales team.
The recruit will be capable of selling via phone, email and in person to target customers such as utilities, energy companies, banks, insurance companies, financial institutions, investment funds and large international consultancies.
He or she will be capable of engaging in consultative sales, fully understanding the needs of the prospect and identifying the right product solution for their requirements from a range of African Energy products and services (See www.africa-energy.com and https://www.crossborderinformation.com for details). This will require the salesperson to communicate closely with CbI/African Energy specialists, and to follow reporting and developments in CbI’s wider product range. The successful candidate will be required to acquire a deep understanding of the range of the company’s products and the audiences and sector they serve.
The salesperson’s primary responsibilities are:
- Selling the full range of CbI services on the phone, on-line and face to face
- Identifying decision-makers for consultative sales approaches at key target businesses
- Cross-selling additional services to existing CbI clients
- Monitoring related industry media and competitors to identify new business opportunities
- Providing demos of our online capabilities to clients both remotely and in person
- Building up profiles of client requirements on the CRM and to coordinate with colleagues on more complex proposals
- Using our CRM to identify, track and record sales approaches.
- Providing feedback to senior management to help target future product and service development, and to help refine marketing and sales messages.
- Identifying and passing on sales leads to other parts of the business when appropriate.
Possibilities for further development:
- the successful candidate will have the opportunity to take on a greater management role and to help build the next phase of CbI’s sales expansion
It is essential that successful candidate:
- has a track record of consultative sales with the desire and ability to identify and establish relationships with decision-makers in target companies
- has the drive to understand the varied requirements of different categories of prospect within this fast-developing industry sector
- is prepared to immerse him or herself in Cross-border Information’s range of data products and services to be able to sell them with conviction.
- is well organised and able to manage a large number of prospects with different data and analysis needs.
Other desirable qualities include:
- prior experience of business in Africa
- a track record of selling to businesses in the energy sector
- Competitive basic salary and commission.
- Holidays: 25 days holiday/yr plus UK bank holidays
- Work hours: 9am-5pm
- Location: Cross-border Information’s head office is in Hastings, in the United Kingdom. The candidate will ideally be located in the Hastings office, although remote working will be considered where the candidate is based in close proximity to London and able to travel regularly to Hastings.
- The role is full-time but part-time might be considered in exceptional circumstances
- Candidates should submit a cover letter of no more than 500 words and a CV
- The cover letter should specify location preference
- Short-listed candidates will be asked to carry out a brief sales test
- Candidates successful in the test will be invited for interview
- We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Deadline for applications is end of business day (UK Time, BST) on 11 October.
Contact: John Hamilton