£2,995 – Buy now
Industry planners hope that the proposed unbundling of Eskom will herald in a new competitive landscape promoting capital investment flows into and within South Africa’s power sector, but new research by African Energy finds that renewable energy targets are unlikely to be met and the risk of value-destructive load shedding looks certain to be an unfortunate reality for the foreseeable future.
Make sound investment decisions with African Energy’s South Africa Power Report 2020/21 – a comprehensive guide to the risks, realities, opportunities and threats associated with entering South Africa’s electricity industry.
Providing incisive insight, expert analysis and unrivalled data on African energy industries
- How does Covid-19 and the credit rating downgrade impact on South Africa's economy and medium-term outlook?
- Will installed capacity meet government targets by 2030?
- What future role does coal-fired generation have in sector planning?
- What opportunities are there for alternative fuels such as gas?
- After decades of dominance, are there early signs that the ruling ANC is losing its grip on power?
Reasons to buy this report:
- Identify upcoming opportunities and threats
- Assess South Africa's risk profile
- Understand policy direction and regulatory requirements
- Benefit from independent power generation forecasts based on the actual project development pipeline
- Know the competitive landscape
- Understand the political and economic context.
South Africa Power Report 2020 provides unique access to:
African Energy’s own Risk Management Index and 15-year (2010-24) power supply analysis using African Energy Live Data – our proprietary database of more than 6,500 power projects – to identify trends on installed capacity broken down by fuel, technology, provinces and more.
South Africa Power Report 2020 also provides comprehensive information on existing and planned generation projects; an appreciation of the political risk and the key players in the sector; an overview of the macroeconomic climate and outlook; details on the market structure and operations, analysis of policy and regulation including future plans, major legislation and legal requirements for generation, transmission and distribution; and natural gas resources and availability.
Key benefits of our reports
- Independent expert analysis and forecasts – benefit from African Energy’s experience of constantly monitoring the sector since 1998
- Competitive landscape modelling and benchmarking – examine your project or portfolio against other projects and what we consider to be Egypt’s benchmark wind and solar renewable projects.
- Identify business opportunities and risks through our expert analysis of the latest projects, investments, regulatory changes and power sector trends.
- Market positioning – our unique understanding of the project pipeline helps you position your project in the current and future competitive landscapes.
For more information on this report and our range of bespoke consultancy services, please contact David Slater.