South Africa: USTDA cash for Ibhubesi



Issue 261 - 14 Sep 2013 | 1 minute read
The US Trade and Development Agency has awarded a grant to Australia’s Sunbird Energy to support the development of the Ibhubesi offshore gas field. The grant will fund a study to be carried out by MHA Associates of Denver, Colorado. USTDA will provide 80% (about $743,000) of the funding for the Ibhubesi gas project field development plan. The work will include studies on reservoir modelling, production forecasts and the design of a production drilling programme. Sunbird agreed in December 2012 to acquire a 76% stake in the Ibhubesi gas project from US companies Forest Oil and Anschutz (AE 246/16). The other 24% is held by PetroSA.

Want to read more?

Small article

£4

(Access to one African Energy article)

Subscribe to African Energy

View subscription options

Don't have an account?

Register for access to our free content

An account also allows you to view selected free articles, set up news alerts, search our African Energy Live Data power projects database and view project locations on our interactive map

Register