Mozambique: Shanghai Electric Power to develop Ncondezi

Issue 316 - 28 Jan 2016 | 1 minute read

British Virgin Islands-registered Ncondezi Energy Ltd has signed a joint development agreement with China’s Shanghai Electric Power Company Ltd (SEP) for the 300MW Ncondezi coal power project in Tete province. SEP will invest up to $25.5m to cover development costs to financial close in return for a 60% equity stake in the project’s special purpose vehicle Ncondezi Power Company. Ncondezi Energy will retain the remaining 40%.

Tagged with:

Pin Power

Pin Mozambique

Want to read more?

Subscribe to African Energy

View subscription options

Don't have an account?

Register for access to our free content

An account also allows you to view selected free articles, set up news alerts, search our African Energy Live Data power projects database and view project locations on our interactive map