The 7th AIX: Power & Renewables is a series of meetings held in a virtual environment, with live streaming, fringe events, an online exhibition and networking opportunities.
The online meetings will continue to be held under the Chatham House Rule and structured round panelled discussions.
12h00 to 13h30
Examining key institutional themes for grid operations.
- Governance model: unbundling vs vertical integration
- Tariff structure: cost reflectiveness and funding models
- Privatisation: lessons learned from various experiences across the continent
- Grid upgrades: perspectives from the private sector, C&I customers and transmission operators
- Balancing the grid: how best to respond to new challenges and opportunities in maintaining grid stability
Send a message, schedule a meeting or initiate a call
14h00 to 15h30
The session will focus on issues around storage as they impact on African electricity supply and other industries.
- Examining the solar-plus-storage model and opportunities for investment
- Recent tenders and best practices from around the world and African case studies
- Understanding the technologies, costs and applications for storage
- Who is financing storage? What are their conditions, restrictions and main concerns?
We plan to run several grid and storage focused roundtables in partnership with speakers and sponsors, including:
- Best practices in renewable energy sources integration
- What are the different peaking options?
- Energy management and peak shaving – including time- shift of renewables
- Synergies between storage, conventional power and emergency power solutions
Other meetings in the series
East Africa’s strategic direction
Focus on Africa’s power sector transformation
Key challenges facing the ‘IPP model’
Financing options for the electricity supply industry
Off-grid solutions – their expansion and financing
Book online or contact Lauren Andrews for further details
T: +44 (0) 1424 721667