The annual Powering Africa: Summit is a platform to showcase power, trade and infrastructure investment opportunities across the African continent, engaging decision makers from the American and African public and private sectors to explore how project bankability can be increased.
In 2017 the Powering Africa: Summit welcomed 500 investors to Washington DC from across North America, Africa and Europe to present energy projects, discuss investment opportunities and build relationships within the international power community.
The Summit features a diverse programme of panel discussions, workshops, sponsored seminars, networking functions & exhibition of vetted solution providers.
- Maintaining US competitiveness in Africa: how the world’s most powerful country is cooperating with the world’s most exciting economies to create technology and long term power deals
- Partnerships for job creation, capacity building, energy efficiency and industrial growth
- Investors Round Tables focusing on Africa’s Gas IPP Procurement Programmes and the Renewable Energy Revolution
- Country Focus Roundtables on Nigeria and South Africa
- Regional Focus Roundtables on Morocco, South Africa and Egypt - African Co-operation for the Whole Continent
- Blending of Public and Private Financing for Clean Energy Projects
This is organised by EnergyNet