Part of the AIX: Autumn Meetings in London, the meeting will focus on key issues facing Africa’s power network and examine the growth and impact of energy storage on the African electricity supply and other industries.
Download the AIX: Grid & Storage 2020 agenda.
AIX: Grid & Storage is co-organised by African Energy, a consultancy that has been involved at the heart of the debate surrounding the development of the energy sector in Africa for more than 20 years.
Sponsored by DNV GL and Globeleq, the meeting is held under the Chatham House Rule and structured round panel led discussions to facilitate open discussion.
Participants at the meeting will benefit from exclusive analysis from our African Energy Live Data platform, which features constantly monitored project level detail on more than 6,000 operating, under-construction and pipeline electricity generation projects.
- Pervelan Govender, Head of Technical, IPP Office, South Africa
- Tarik Hamane, Executive Director, Moroccan Agency for Sustainable Energy (MASEN)
- Kenneth Thompson, Board Member, GRIDCo Ghana
- Samson Ondiek, Manager, Business Strategy, Kenya Power and Lighting Company (KPLC)
- Prince Moyo, General Manager, Power Delivery Engineering Transmission Group, Eskom
- Dafe Akpeneye, Commissioner, NERC, Nigeria
- Giuseppe Artizzu, Executive Director, Global Strategy, Engie Eps
- Gabriele Buccini, General Manager, Business Development Energy Storage, Wärtsilä
- Evan Rice, Business Development, Tesla
- Gabriel de Lastours, Associate Director, Energy EMEA, EBRD
- Mansoor Hamayun, CEO and Co-Founder, Bboxx
- Ignacio de Calonje, Chief Investment Officer, Global Energy & Mining, IFC
- Orli Arav, Managing Director, EMFin Advisory
- Michael Mills, Private Finance Adviser, International Climate Finance, Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy (BEIS), UK
- Laura Kiwelu, Norton Rose Fulbright, Senior Associate
- Paolo de Michelis, Head of Renewables, Globeleq
There is a 10% discount that runs until 9 June.
Other events during the Spring Meeetings include:
10-11 September: sixth annual AIX Gas – Developing partnerships along the value chain
10 September AIX Dinner – Frank exchanges in an amicable setting