Now in its sixth year, AIX Power & Renewables has become one of the meeting places of choice for Africa’s power sector stakeholders, including leading private and public sector investors, African officials and project developers.
The meeting is co-produced by consultants African Energy, structured around interactive panel-led sessions, held under the Chatham House Rule and limited to 180 participants. The format and size of the meeting provides a rare opportunity for an open discussion and analysis of the continent’s power and renewables market.
Participants benefit from exclusive analysis based on African Energy Live Data – our unique platform that combines a range of analytics tools with project level detail of more than 5,500 power plants across the continent that are operating, planned or under construction.
- Eric Mwangi, Economic Advisor to the Cabinet Secretary, Ministry of Energy Kenya
- Olumuyiwa Abiodun, Head of the Advisory Power Team at Office of the Vice President, Nigeria
- Sosten Ziuku, Director of Energy Conservation and Renewable Energy, Ministry of Energy & Power Development, Zimbabwe
- Wisdom Togobo, Director of Renewable and Alternative Energy at the Ministry of Power, Ghana
- Ziria Tibalwa Waako, Chief Executive Officer, Electricity Regulatory Authority, Uganda
- Pinehas Mutota, Manager, Economic Regulation, Electricity Control Board, Namibia
- Nii Darko Asante, Director, Technical Regulation, Ghana Energy Commission
- Dafe Akpeneye, Commissioner, NERC, Nigeria
- Tas Anvaripour, Chief Executive Officer, Themis Energy
- Joseph Tato, Partner, DLA Piper
- Naomi Ngeno, Chief Engineer, Power Generation Improvement, KenGen
- Lucy Heintz, Partner: Energy, Actis
- Ademola Adesina, Founder, CEO, Rensource Energy
- Ricardo Leitão Machado, CEO, Aenergy
- Ragnar Gerig, Director Energy & Infrastructure for Africa and Latin America, DEG
- Thomas Amram, Senior Consultant, Ricardo
- Hoda Atia Moustafa, Africa Regional Head, Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency (MIGA)
- Scott Mackin, Managing Partner and Co-President, Denham Capital
- Romain Py, Executive Head: Transactions, African Infrastructure Investment Managers
- Evan Rice, Business Development, Tesla
- Anton Eberhard, Professor, University of Cape Town
- Orli Arav, Managing Director, EMFin Advisory
- Will Pearson, Policy Director, Camco
- Birgit Edlefsen, Senior Investment Officer, Energy, FMO
- Madeleine Gleave, Chief Data Scientist, Nithio
There is a 20% early bird discount that runs until 30 July.
Contact Nick Carn for further information on sponsorship packages.
Organisations participating at the AIX Power and Renewables 2018 meeting included:
Utilities, regulators and officials
Electricidade de Moçambique (EDM), Electricity Company of Ghana (ECG), Electricity Control Board Namibia, Electricity Regulatory Authority Uganda, Energy Commission Ghana, Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority Tanzania (EWURA), Geothermal Resources Department, GRIDCo (Ghana), Ministry of Energy Kenya, Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development, Uganda, KenGen, Masen (Morocco), Millennium Development Authority Ghana (MiDA), Ministry of Power, Works and Housing, Nigeria, National Energy Regulator of South Africa (NERSA), New Renewable Energy Authority Egypt (NREA), Niger Delta Power Holding Company, Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC), Tanzania Geothermal Development Company (TGDC), UK Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, Zanzibar Utilities Regulatory Authority (ZURA)
ABO Wind, Akuo Energy, Alcazar Energy, Aldwych International, BioTherm Energy, Black Rhino, BWSC, Corbetti Geothermal, CP-EM Uganda, EGIS Projects, Empower New Energy, ENGIE, ENI, GE, GET FiT Zambia, Globeleq, H&MV Engineering, Joule Africa, Lekela, Pan Africa Solar, Proton Energy, Renewable Energy Partner, Themis Energy, Wartsila
AECF Africa, CrossBoundary Energy, Electro Power Systems (EPS), Energy 4 Impact, GOGLA, Lendahand Ethex - Energise Africa, M-Kopa, SunFunder, Support Green Communities, Tesla, Winch Energy
BP, Gas Strategies, Ophir Energy, PetroChina International, Sasol, Seven Energy, Shell, SLR Consulting, Sound Energy, Total Global LNG, Victoria Oil & Gas, Vitol, Wentworth Resources,
African Development Bank, Belgian Investment Company for Developing Countries, DEG, EBRD, FinnFund, FMO, GuarantCo, International Finance Corporation (IFC), KfW, Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency (MIGA), Norfund, Overseas Private Investment Corporation (OPIC), PIDG, Power Africa, Stoa Infra & Energy, Swedfund, UK Export Finance
Finance and investment
Actis, AIIM, Africa Finance Corporation (AFC), Africa GreenCo, ARCH Emerging Markets Partners, Blue Orchard Impact Investment Managers, CDC Group, Choiseul Africa Capital, Denham Capital, Fieldstone Africa, Green Investment Group, Helios Investment Partners, InfraCo Africa, InfraCredit, Inspired Evolution, Investec, Lion's Head Capital, Nedbank, Pembani Remgro Infrastructure Managers, Rand Merchnat Bank, Standard Bank, SunFunder
Aelex, Alesco Risk Management Services, Alliant Emerging Markets, Baker McKenzie, Chatham House, DLA Piper, DMD Consulting, DNV, Economic, Consulting Associates, EMFin Advisory, ERM, GreenMax Capital Advisors, Herbert Smith Freehills, Multiconsult, Pinsent Masons, Ricardo Energy & Environment, Spie, Tony Blair Institute for Global Change, Webber Wentzel