Power & Renewables Executive Briefing
Co-produced by African Energy, AIX: Nairobi builds on four years of AIX: Power and Renewables meetings, which have brought together project developers, suppliers of off-grid services, policy-makers, established and non-traditional investment sources and other stakeholders to discuss the issues and challenges facing investors in clean energy projects in Africa.
Sponsored by the African Trade Insurance Agency and InfraCo Africa and supported by GreenMax Capital Advisors and the UK Department for International Trade ,AIX Nairobi will be limited to 90 senior executives to allow for in-depth discussion of strategies to tackle pan-African issues. The meeting is held under the Chatham House Rule and structured through a series of panel-led sessions with a remit to debate ways of scaling up electricity supply industries across Africa.
- Eric Mwangi, Economic Advisor to the Cabinet Secretary, Ministry of Energy, Kenya
- Ziria Tibalwa Waako, Chief Executive Officer, Electricity Regulatory Authority (ERA), Uganda
- Caroline Kimathi, Acting Renewable Energy Director, Energy Regulatory Commission (ERC), Kenya
- Nemes Victor Massawe, Manager – Electricity Transmission and Distribution, Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority (EWURA), Tanzania
- Patrick Mawala, Manager, Energy Purchase & Regulatory Affairs, Kenya Power and Lighting Company
- David Muthike, Strategy & Business Performance Director, KenGen
- Benon Bena, Head of Off-Grid Renewable Energy, Rural Electrification Agency (REA), Uganda
- Kevin Kariuki, Head of Infrastructure, Industrial Promotion Services
- Simbarashe Mhuriro, Founder and Managing Director, Oxygen Africa
- John Lentaigne, Chief Underwriting Officer, African Trade Insurance Agency
- Brian O’Hanlon, Director of Business Development, Overseas Private Investment Corporation
- Andrew Githaiga, Senior Investment Manager, SunFunder
- John Kimotho, Investment Manager, African Infrastructure Investment Managers (AIIM)
- Richard Warugongo, Principal Investment Officer, IFC
Plus senior representatives from
Actis, Astonfield Solar, Azuri Technologies, Berkeley Energy, CDC, Converegence, Co-operative Bank of Kenya, CrossBoundary Clean Power, Department for International Trade (UK), Energy Access Ventures Africa, Engie, Finergreen, FMO, Globeleq, GreenMax Capital Advisors, Green Mini-Grid Facility, GSMA, Inspired Evolution Investment Management, Jinko Solar, Kenergy Renewables, Oxygen Africa, PowerGen Renewable Energy, Proparco, Quantum Power, Renewvia Energy, Scatec Solar, Standard Chartered Bank, SUNREF East Africa, Tesla
There is a 10% discount which runs until 18 September.
Price payable: £900 (full price £1,000)
For information on sponsorship packages, please contact Nick Carn.
Over the past five years, AIX: Power and Renewables has attracted sponsorship from Actis, AfIDA, Africa Finance Corporation, AIIM, BioTherm Energy, DEG, Denham Capital, DLA Piper, Engie, FMO, Globeleq, InfraCo Africa, Joule Africa, KEDCO, Lumos Global and Winch Energy. Take a look at panellists and participants at AIX: Power and Renewables 2017.