Power & Renewables Executive Briefing
AIX: Nairobi offers a comprehensive overview of the state of the market in East Africa and brings together project developers, suppliers of off-grid services, policy-makers, established and non-traditional investment sources and other actors in the industry.
Co-produced by CbI’s African Energy with partner GreenMax Capital Advisors, the meeting is structured around interactive panel-led sessions, held under the Chatham House Rule and limited to 150 participants.
The meeting is sponsored by Actis, Africa Trade Insurance Agency, AIIM, DNV-GL and Kipeto Energy.
More than 30 panellists have already confirmed.
Recently confirmed panellists include:
- Caroline Kimathi, Acting Director, Renewable Energy, Energy Regulatory Commission, Kenya
- David Muthike, Strategy & Business Performance Director, KenGen
- Eric Mwangi, Economic Advisor to the Cabinet Secretary, Ministry of Energy, Kenya
- Hizkyas Dufera, Senior Advisor to the Minister, Ministry of Water Irrigation and Energy, Ethiopia
- John Kimotho, Investment Manager, African Infrastructure Investment Managers (AIIM)
- Nemes Victor Massawe, Manager Electricity Transmission and Distribution, EWURA, Tanzania
- Peter Twesigye, Regulatory Affairs Manager, Umeme, Uganda
- Erik Granskog, Vice President, Everstrong Capital
- John Lentaigne, Acting Chief Executive Officer, African Trade Insurance Agency
- Roxana Ignat, Investment Officer, FMO
- Ameet Shah, Founder & CEO, Astonfield Solar
- Brian Muriuki, Chairman Kenya Oil & Gas Association
- Clifford Aron, Principal, GreenMax Capital Group
- James Shoetan, East Africa Business Development Manager, CrossBoundary Energy
- Sam Slaughter, Chief Executive Officer, PowerGen Renewable Energy
- Patrick Tonui, East Africa Regional Representative, GOGLA
- Florian Cammas, Associate, Finergreen
- Wilfred Van den Bos, Head of Investments, responsAbility Renewable Energy Holding (rAREH)
- Nikhath Zigmund, Business Development Director, Actis
- Geoffrey Ronoh, Director, Ofgen
- Elsie Mbugua, Managing Director, Leadwood Energy
- Ravi Sikand, Senior Partner, Energy Access Ventures
- Chalker Kansteiner, Founder, GridX Africa
- Khilna Dodhia, Chief Executive Officer, Kenergy Renewables
There is a 10% discount that ends 17 September.
Participating organisations include:
Actis, Africa Legal Network, African Development Bank Group, African Trade Insurance Agency (ATI), Agence Française De Développement, AIIM, Anjarwalla & Khanna, Astonfield Solar, BBOXX Capital Kenya, BIO-Invest, Camco Energy, Chatham House, Climate Fund Managers, CrossBoundary Energy, Cross-border Information, DNV GL, Energy Access Ventures, Energy Regulatory Commission Kenya, Engie, Engie eps Everstrong Capital EWURA Tanzania, Finergreen, FMO, GOGLA, GreenMax Capital Group, GridX Africa, GuarantCo, Herbert Smith Freehills, Kenergy Renewables, KenGen, Kenya Oil & Gas Association, Ketraco, Kipeto Energy, Leadwood Energy, Ministry of Energy (Kenya), Ministry of Water Irrigation and Energy (Ethiopia), Multiconsult, Ofgen, PowerGen Renewable Energy, Proparco, responsAbility Renewable Energy Holding, Siemens, Stoa Energy, Sunfunder