Pensions in ten African countries were recently tallied at $379 billion in assets under management (of which $322bn are in South Africa). A conservative forecast is that the pension funds in the six largest sub-Saharan African markets will grow to $622bn in assets by 2020 and to $7.3 trillion by 2050.
The conference will provide a chance to look at key trends and the agenda for future industry issues while bringing together key role players and stakeholders to identify challenges and investment potential.
Topics of discussion will revolve around the following sessions:
• Key trends, challenges and opportunities for Africa pension funds
• Insurance, mutual and social security funds
• Best practices for sustainable growth and trust in funds
• Private equity and pensions
• Sovereign wealth funds – aligning with long-term investment funds
• Country profiles: African pension funds
• Long-term benefits of investing in infrastructure, real estate and other alternative assets
• Capacity building and support tools
• Technology, fund administration and member services
• African funds and impact on the development of capital markets
For further information please visit the event website