Many businesses looking to participate in the development of power sector projects in Africa are confronted by the lack of reliable and easily accessible data; this is a major challenge to identifying viable schemes, let alone bringing them successfully to financial close. The African Energy Live Data service, to be launched May 2017, will help power sector developers, stakeholders and investors overcome this barrier by providing a comprehensive online one-stop-shop for power sector data and analysis.
African Energy Live Data builds on nearly two decades of careful data gathering by African Energy staff and our pan-Africa network of correspondents. At its core is a unique database of more than 3,500 existing and pipeline generation plants throughout the continent, which has formed the foundations for much of our bespoke electricity sector consultancy work in recent years.
Elements of this data contributed to our work in putting together the Africa EU Energy Partnership (AEEP) Status Report in 2014 and the AEEP Status Report Update: 2016. African Energy Live Data represents a very considerable expansion of this earlier work, undertaken by a dedicated team of African energy experts and statisticians.
- Identify opportunities with analysis of fundamentals and vital electricity statistics.
- Get the edge on competitors with alerts tracking the latest contracts and tenders.
- Keep ahead of the industry with timely and reliable project bulletins.
- Plan for the future with analysis of the project pipeline
- Track regional and continental trends and home in on the projects, financiers and institutions behind them.
African Energy Live Data is being made available on a subscription basis – read more, below, about the data platform, key features and subscription options, and how to get access to this unique resource.
The data platform
- Live-updated online database featuring more than 3,500 existing and planned power plants in Africa.
- Based on African Energy’s 18 years of data gathering.
- Verified to African Energy staff’s high standards of accuracy.
- Detailed project data: Concise background and project history, currently installed capacity, project pipeline, ownership, financing, GIS location, fuel, technology, critical milestones, capex and contractual data.
- Organisations data: Profiles of major stakeholders, developers, utilities, ministries, regulators and commissions, funds, banks, DFIs, contractors and service providers.
- Planned service expansion into transmission and critical infrastructure.
- Interactive GIS-based map interface.
- Responsive data filter panel.
- Easy access on tablets and smartphones.
- Search by project or organisation.
- Detailed project pages.
- Key stats, indicators and accurate aggregated data.
- Data tool for comprehensive analytics.
- Country-focused IPP and renewable energy investment climate indicators.
- Bulletin service for latest news and updates.
- Access to in-depth African Energy analysis.
Access to the detailed project data will be by subscription only. Subscribers will be able to choose between an all-Africa or a country specific subscription. We will offer a discount to anchor clients who take out subscriptions prior to launch. They will benefit both from discounts and to early stage access to the data.
To register an interest or to discuss access and pre-orders please contact:
Nick Dashwood Brown
t: +44 (0)1424 721667
t: +44 (0)207 839 5982