Featuring around 3,900 power plants that are operational, planned, or under construction, African Energy Live Data is the product of years of meticulous research by African Energy’s senior staff.
Reliable and accurate: Live Data doesn't deal with rumour. Data is sourced from across Africa – tapping into African Energy’s on-the-ground network in more than 40 African countries – and is subjected to the same rigorous editorial and verification processes that have driven our consultancy and newsletter reporting and analysis over the last two decades.
Live data will save you time: It provides a reliable base level of market intelligence and analysis to answer your questions about projects, countries, project stakeholders, fuel types and sub-sectors.
Tracking developments: A bulletin feature allows you to easily monitor updates, including project milestones, newly announced projects, tenders and contract awards.
Locating opportunities: In addition to searching by project or organisation, plants are pinned by GIS location to a map of Africa, allowing an overview of all plants at continental, regional and country levels and an alternative route to detailed project level data.
The data platform
- Live-updated online database featuring more than 3,500 existing and planned power plants in Africa.
- Based on African Energy’s 18 years of data gathering.
- Verified to African Energy staff’s high standards of accuracy.
- Detailed project data: Concise background and project history, currently installed capacity, project pipeline, ownership, financing, GIS location, fuel, technology, critical milestones, capex and contractual data.
- Organisations data: Profiles of major stakeholders, developers, utilities, ministries, regulators and commissions, funds, banks, DFIs, contractors and service providers.
- Planned service expansion into transmission and critical infrastructure.
- Interactive GIS-based map interface.
- Responsive data filter panel.
- Easy access on tablets and smartphones.
- Search by project or organisation.
- Detailed project pages.
- Key stats, indicators and accurate aggregated data.
- Data tool for comprehensive analytics.
- Country-focused IPP and renewable energy investment climate indicators.
- Bulletin service for latest news and updates.
- Access to in-depth African Energy analysis.
Access to the detailed project data will be by subscription only. Subscribers will be able to choose between an all-Africa or a country specific subscription. We will offer a discount to anchor clients who take out subscriptions prior to launch. They will benefit both from discounts and to early stage access to the data.
To register an interest or to discuss access and pre-orders please contact:
Nick Dashwood Brown
T: +44 (0)1424 721667