The continent’s only comprehensive power sector resource
Many businesses looking to participate in the development of power sector projects in Africa are confronted by the lack of reliable and easily accessible data; this is a major challenge to identifying viable schemes, let alone bringing them successfully to financial close. The African Energy Live Database service, to be launched early 2017, is intended to help overcome this barrier.
The data platform
- Live-updated online database featuring more than 3,500 existing and planned power plants in Africa.
- Based on African Energy’s 18 years of data gathering.
- Verified to African Energy staff’s high standards of accuracy.
- Detailed project data: Concise background and project history, currently installed capacity, project pipeline, ownership, financing, GIS location, fuel, technology, critical milestones, capex and contractual data.
- Organisations data: Profiles of major stakeholders, developers, utilities, ministries, regulators and commissions, funds, banks, DFIs, contractors and service providers.
- Planned service expansion into transmission and critical infrastructure.